'Tis the Season for Holiday Scams!
As the holiday season approaches, scammers are working overtime crafting new ways to trick you into telling them personal information. Once they have your account number, social security number, date of birth, etc., they can steal your identity to open fraudulent accounts and even withdraw money from your legitimate bank accounts. Scammers can contact you the same ways that your friends do via a phone call, text, email, social media message, etc.
Centennial Bank will never contact you and request account or personal information!
eBanking is Fast, Easy, Secure and Highly Recommended for a variety of ways to access your accounts continuously day or night. Privacy and security are of great importance. Our secure online banking allows you to bank confidently anywhere, anytime. View more information about our Online Banking.
Here are some red flags to help you spot a scam.
- You have won money or a prize that you never registered for
- This is an urgent message that requires immediate response
- In order to protect your identity/account, we need the following information
- The message has grammatical errors
- You are not familiar with the person or company contacting you
- You are contacted and then request to provide information to confirm your identity
- Something doesn’t feel right!
- You hear a recording and required to press a key to speak to an operator
If you feel you have been victimized please Contact Us by phone or email immediately.
What do you do?
- Do not provide any information
- Do not click any links in an email
- Do not open any attachments in an email
- Hang up the phone
- Delete the email or text
- If the caller portrayed someone that you do business with, contact them at their advertised number
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
Additional information and resources can be found at the Federal Trade Commission website including:
- Scam Alerts
- 10 Ways to Avoid Fraud
- Phone Scams
- Computer Security
- Keep Personal Information Secure
- Kids and Computer Security
- File a Consumer Complaint