Centennial Bank has become aware of specific mobile banking malware targeting 2,200 banks that attempts to steal banking credentials and credit card information. The malware tricks users into downloading what looks like the mobile banking app from a third party app store, phishing site, or fake advertisement.
Here are some ways to protect yourself:
- Examine the apps on your phone and remove suspicious ones.
- Download our mobile banking app only from Google Play or the App Store.
- Install mobile security software on your mobile device.
- When installing apps, pay attention to the rights the app requests, especially if the app requests admin rights.
The bank has become aware of some customers purchasing new devices or obtaining new phone numbers and unable to login to our mobile app¹. The error message might tell you the phone number is not recognized among other messages. If you are experiencing this issue currently or plan to acquire a new phone soon please review the following information to help with the app loading or re-loading process.
- If you have attempted to download the mobile app and your access is being denied the first thing you need to do is delete the mobile app from your mobile device. Once removed please follow the steps below to obtain access.
- Log into my100bank.com Online Banking² (this can be done on a desktop or by accessing the full-site on your mobile device)
- Click on the Services Tab (located in the top menu bar)
- Click on Mobile Banking (located in the drop down menu)
- Click the gray button that reads "Go To The Mobile Banking Center Now" (see below)
- You will be redirected to the following page:
- Within your enrolled devices you will see your previously registered phone numbers as well as some letter and number codes you do not recognize. See the following for an example:
- If you are adding a "NEW" phone number you will click the blue "Add Mobile Device" button and follow the instructions as prompted.
- If you have purchased or upgraded your device and see your phone number listed with your enrolled mobile devices all you need to do is click "Disable this mobile device" first followed by "Remove this mobile device" and wait for it to disappear from your list. Once it has cleared click "Add Mobile Device" and follow the instructions as prompted.
- Once the mobile device has been added and you can see it populated in your list you can go back to your app store and download the mobile app. At this point you should be able to login with your credentials and use the mobile app with your account information moving forward.
Should you need further assistance please contact our Customer Care center M-F between the hours of 7am to 7 pm CST. We are also available on Saturday from 8am to 2pm CST. We can be reached at (888) 372-9788.
¹Some restrictions may apply. Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier.
²Must be Centennial Bank customer to enroll in Online Banking. Some restrictions may apply. See bank for details.