Please click here to review the most recent information regarding unauthorized access to payment card data from U.S. Target stores.
Please click here to review a statement released by the Electronic Payments Core of Knowledge (EPCOR), containing relative information to the Target card breach and implications for the ACH Network.
If you feel your card was compromised during this incident the steps below may be helpful to you:
- Review your bank statement or recent activity online at my100bank.com
- If you notice any unauthorized transactions please contact us at 1-888-372-9788 or visit your closest branch location.
- If you used a Centennial Bank debit card, you may need to cancel your debit card and have an instant-issue debit card made at no charge, at a Centennial Bank branch location.
- If you used a Centennial Bank Credit Card you may need to contact the telephone number on the back of the credit card or the phone number located on your credit card statement.
Customers of Centennial Bank can utilize these Centennial Bank Products and Services to help protect against fraudulent banking activity:
- Enroll in Internet Banking for full access to your banking accounts
- Download our Mobile App for instant account monitoring
- Enroll in eStatements for secure statement processing
- Set up text alerts or email alerts in Internet Banking
- Replace a compromised debit card at any Centennial Bank location with an Instant Issue Debit Card.
Open a new Centennial Club Account that provides access to Identity theft monitoring and protection.
- Up to $10,000 in identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage
- Daily credit file monitoring.
- Fully managed identity theft resolution services
- 3-in-1 Credit Report
- Online identity theft news center and valuable phone and web resources
- Click here for full account details.